Gone are the days when all your tasks had to be done manually. Evergreen content, blogs, images, video, and other site info continue to need maintenance and updating but if you’re smart, you can dramatically cut down on your workload by automating most of your tasks.
I’ll skip introducing IFTTT and Zapier for now, maybe we’ll revisit those services in another post (by now you should be somewhat familiar with how they work anyway). If you’re clever, you can leverage these tools to benefit your SEO work. You can significantly cut down on wasted hours by automating repetitive actions.
What Can I Do with SEO Automation?
Starting with IFTTT, there are a number of tasks you can begin with. For instance –
- Cross-post status updates from Facebook to Twitter
- Receive an email of the top SEO posts found on Reddit – great for research
- If someone comments on a post, instantly receive a message so you can respond
- Update your Facebook Fan Page whenever you post a new blog entry
- And then do the same for Twitter
- You can also easily send content to Buffer
- And crosspost videos
- Push content to LinkedIn
- Keep an eye on the competition with Newsle automation
- And in terms of link building, you can notify yourself when specific keywords are mentioned on various sites, allowing you to quickly plug your content and work
Are you starting to get the picture? If you already understand the concept of IFTTT, you’ll begin to see all the opportunities for saving time. So what about Zapier? How does this service affect SEO automation? At this point, IFTTT only allows for two-step interactions while Zapier allows more than that.
- With Zapier you can track new keywords with Positionally
- Be up to date with all the latest information about your keywords
- Export data about your rankings’ updates to file on Dropbox
- Improve your lead generation approach
- Promote events on the perfect schedule
But How Does This Improve SEO?
Using these processes to automate various activities will free up your time and condense your to-do list down to the most critical tasks, leaving you free to focus on the bigger picture. Also, you can hone your response time and enjoy a greater feeling of control over your content and user interactions.
Both IFTTT and Zapier are ideal for sharing content, monitoring your brand, keeping an eye on the competition, idea curation, lead generation, and so on. These tools open up the possibility to be very creative and clever with automation.
A successful business is about more than being busy. In an age of multi-channel working and ever-changing scenery, you need to be proactive in developing efficient ways of working. While task automation might feel foreign at first, it’s worth experimenting with. As you become accustomed to setting up and using recipes on both IFTTT and Zapier, you’ll naturally start to see new possibilities open up before you.
A cautionary note to end this article – be diligent in maintaining your recipes. Often channels go offline, new channels open up and better ways to automate a task are introduced. Get it right and you’ll be amazed at just how much these programs can change how your work.