Every website owner out there should be aware of the term Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It refers to a set of strategies implemented by business owners or digital marketers to increase a site’s ranking and visibility on SERPs.
Unless you are an SEO expert yourself, you’ll need to hire a professional or a company that provides SEO services. They can steer you towards your ultimate goal: a successful and authoritative website ranking among the top results.
But what do SEO services entail? SEO professionals implement a set of steps and strategies to increase your site’s traffic and rankings. Here are some of the services that an SEO agency may provide to optimize your website:
– Keyword research
– Competition analysis
– SEO site audits
– Optimization of specific pages within your site
– Crawler directives such as meta tags and robots.txt
– Source code optimization
– Social media marketing
All of these features are crucial when optimizing a website for search engines. Each of them brings something different to the table and including them in your site’s architecture, and content is vital for its success.
SEO companies have the challenging task of optimizing your website while keeping up with a search engine’s update. They need to know the guidelines like the back of their hand to avoid any penalty on your site. SEO services are as diverse as websites themselves. Some of the more sought-after SEO services include local SEO, e-commerce SEO, technical SEO, and more.
How do I choose the right SEO service?
Choosing the right SEO agency is fundamental for your site’s success; not to mention for your pocket. There are a few factors that every company should offer to ensure that your website is fully optimized:
– An SEO site audit. This is essential to get a sense of how your site’s overall strategy and performance are doing. Studying the behavior of some of your site’s elements can provide insights into what you are doing right or wrong.
– Competitors analysis. You must not only know how your own website is doing but also how your competitors are ranking among search engines. Taking their strategies into consideration and optimizing for your target audience to fill in the gaps they’re missing could boost your site’s rankings in no time.
– Off-site or off-page SEO. This is the aspect responsible for promoting your website through link building strategies and social media management. Adding backlinks to your site is essential as search engines use it as one of the primary factors when it comes to ranking. Creating shareable content in your blog and keeping an active social media presence are the best ways to achieve a successful off-site SEO.
– On the other hand, on-page SEO deals with everything that affects your site’s content, design, and performance. Some of the tasks involved with this type of strategy include:
– Creating an XML Sitemap and submitting it to search engines.
– Creating high-quality title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags.
– Implementing a well-played keyword research and optimization strategy.
– Assuring that your site is responsive, mobile-friendly, and fast.
– Inserting relevant and quality images throughout your pages.
You need to choose an SEO agency who can show you how they have improved their clients’ rankings and offer a reasonable timeline to achieving results.